A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Modern Life is Rubbish

I'm a very fickle person, I admit it, a typical Gemini some might say, a split personality perhaps?? Well, this is mostly the truth when it comes to fashion and how I choose to wear certain looks.....all at once mostly. Today we are looking at one of my fashion persona's and, to be honest, it's the most common of my looks these days. Oh my Gosh! Have a finally found my very own look and I am sticking to it???.......I wouldn't hold your breath......

Today's look (Fashion persona....ahem) is vintage, it's late 1940s / early 1950s, it's rockabilly. Here a few examples.....

Let's start with the rock'n'roll circle dress that I bought from H&M years ago and have been wearing ever since! This skirt looks great with an elasticated belt and worn up or down with either a big petticoat and wedges or with a head scarf and Converse for a more dressed down look. I've been pairing it with jeans lately too for a more rockabilly, tomboy look which frankly confuses most people! But I like it!

The second look is a bit more forties vintage and I have styled up several victory rolls in my hair and have worn a Breton tee and my Freddies of Pinewood wide leg jeans. It's a classic daytime outfit.

The third outfit is more of a modern day take on vintage style, I have dressed up a H&M skater dress, nipped in my waist, worn a monochrome cardigan and put my hair up in a victory roll wrapped up with a leopard print head scarf.......But, what's this? I knew I couldn't stay in my vintage persona for too long.........Look, I'm wearing my rainbow wedges!! Love it!! Now all I need are those flashing Buffalo boots from Ashish X Topshop and I am happy!






Have fun with your fashion!!

All clothing from H&M, Freddies of Pinewood, Topshop, New Look and Office Shoes. 

Thanks for following and enjoy creating fashion mash ups!

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...