A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Thursday 6 March 2014

Jeremy Scott SS 2014 - My Boyfriend's Back

It is now time to let the summer in! I have official grown tired of Winter and feel the need to look forward to what I am going to be wearing in the warmer months ahead.

I am starting with one of my favourite Spring Summer 2014 collections from one of my most favourite designers, Jeremy Scott.

This collection is bursting with print and colour, the look is high summer, its late 1950s pin-up and early 1960s sex kitten with a street style edge, I love it! Think Betty Rubble, Wilma Flintstone, Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray, The B52s and Amy Winehouse, you get the idea, it's fun but edgy.

The prints range from 1950s abstract art influences, TV test pattern vertical stripes and 1960s pop art to oversized 1980s paint splashes reminiscent of retro surf/skate style mixed with animal prints, all in rainbow bright technicolour. 

The styling consists of high summer bra tops, high neck crop tops, co-ords, asymmetric bodycon dresses, 1960s mini dresses, high waisted short fitted skirts worn with ankle strapped pumps, 1960s inspired ankle boots, oversized cats eye sunglasses and massive bouffant bob hairstyles. For the men there was a mix of teddy boy versus 1980s skater and surfer style with bold printed shorts, slim fit trousers and 1950s teddy boy on the beach style shirts and jackets worn with winkle pickers and greased up hair. Jeremy Scott is one of those designers whose fashion vision works for both men and women and he incorporates this into his collections with ease, linking styling and prints together to make fantastic collections for everyone to wear.

How am I going to wear Jeremy Scott SS 2014?? Well, unless Jeremy Scott decides to send me some of the collection to wear and blog about this summer, I think I shall have to go with plan b (as usual) and recreate the look using my current wardrobe and a few found pieces from the high street. I really, really love co-ords (matching top and bottoms) it's such a vintage idea that sounds twee but looks great! Topshop and Asos have started to sell a few examples of this over the past few seasons, which is great but, I really haven’t fallen for any of them yet (there is always a yet) so until I do, I shall just buy/wear separates and recreate co-ords for myself. I shall be wearing my ever loved crop top vests with high waisted shorts and skirts, revealing a small amount of torso!  I have a ton of bodycon which I had since disregarded but perhaps need to reconsider again and I am also partial to a little sixties shirt minidress at the moment, all I need to do is backcomb in my beehive and pop on my cats eye sunnies and I’m ready, it's all about the styling daaaarrling!

How can you wear Jeremy Scott SS 2014?? Well, perhaps you are rich and can afford Jeremy Scott, or perhaps you could just consider buying vest tops and dresses in the similar prints as in the collection. Wear crop tops, if you are brave enough (go on, give them a go with a high waist trouser or skirt) purchase a new 1960s summer mini dress and embrace the return of the asymmetric top. If the full on Jeremy Scott look isn't for you, why not consider it for the beach with swimwear and co-ords in 1950s style prints? It's all over the high street already. Whatever you do, just wear your Jeremy Scott this summer with big hair and oversized cats eye sunglasses and work that vintage look!

And for all you skater teddy boys out there, choose 1950s print short sleeve shirts, retro skate printed shorts and don’t forget the rockabilly hair……you’re  looking good daddio.












 Thank you for the inspiration Jeremy Scott!

All images courtesy of Vogue.com

Catch up with No Debutante soon for more sista fashionista fun!
Thanks for reading.

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...