A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Saturday 30 March 2013

No Debutante - Tapered Jean Girl

I have come to the conclusion - possibly two years too late - that little and often is the way to go with blogging, especially if you are short of time but have lots to say!
 
This pics on this Personal Style Post were taken whilst I was on a weekend break in Wales last week. I needed to pack warm and comfortable clothes as there was going to be alot of bike riding and general activeness in freezing cold weather, so I opted for jeans.
One of my current style obsessions is the 1950s dragged through the 1980s look unfortunately due to the shocking weather conditions here in the UK this look was hidden by layers of cardigans and duffel coats. Rubbish!!! See below, I did actually manage to get a photograph of my efforts whilst I longed for the Summer.....



How the hell do you look stylish with a baby carrier on your front and a back pack on in freezing weather conditions??? God knows, I tried!!

 
As you can see my choice of footwear for the weekend was a good ol' pair of Converse, went nicely with the retro Vs comfort theme!
These jeans are my latest pair of 1940s jeans from Freddies of Pinewood. I'm not sure I am totally into them yet, the leg is real wide and I can't decide whether they need to be rolled up more or less. If I was being true to the 1940s land girl I would roll them up more. What do you think? To be honest on both occasions that I have been photographed wearing them I haven't had much choice on the shots or much time to style myself up - the life of a busy mother I guess -  more dedication is needed to get these land girl lovelies up there in my new favourite jeans list! Watch this space for this challenge!
 
All clothing from H&M, Vivien of Holloway, Topshop, Primark, New Look, Converse and Freddies of Pinewood.
All styling by No Debutante.
 
I'm off now to hide some Easter eggs around our home for the Easter Egg Hunt that will probably kick off at about 7am tomorrow morning! Ooooooooohhhh!!!
Happy Easter!!!
ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...