A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 11 March 2013

No Debutante - Welcome to my 100th blog post!!

I only just noticed that this is my 100th blog post!!! I am very excited and amazed I actually got here! I wish I could post on my blog every day but I seriously do not have the time! I am writing this post on the evening of Mothers Day after receiving a lay in, breakfast in bed (a Marmite Bagel lovingly prepared by my 8 year old son Lucian), homemade cards, chocolates, spa vouchers and a bottle of Sailor Jerry's rum - I have been totally spoilt, again! We then spent the day at the pub with my family with lots of food and drinks consumed, followed by a freezing cold walk home, more food and here I am sat with a glass of rum about to watch an episode of Mad Men. Life is sweet!

This is a No Debutante personal style post featuring Monochrome, Primark Sunday and other oddities.


Monochrome
 
This is the outfit I wore for Primark Sunday. What is Primark Sunday? As I have mentioned before, twice a year (to meet the change in the fashion season) I plan a big, kids free, day out at Primark for a big shop! I can try everything on and spend ages (4 hours on this occasion - the Primark here in Bristol has 4 floors, don't judge!) browsing and hunting down the best buys for the current season-which clearly hasn't started yet as snow is predicted, again. It's ridiculous, there was a bloody heatwave in the UK this time last year!!?
A Primark shop includes everything you need for the season at a 1/4 of the price, it's disposable, high fashion and I love it!



Beehives, headscarves and flowers in your hair!
 
The below images were not taken on Primark Sunday but I liked them so I thought I'd pop them in for a bit of colour and wish it was actually Spring!!
 
 
 
 Primark Sunday
 
  Last spring I returned home from Primark Sunday with lots of Americana printed garments but this spring it was definitely the season of the shirt! I managed to get a sleeveless shirt, a white broderie anglaise sleeveless smock shirt with denim details, denim shirt with mesh leopard print sleeves, and a khaki army jacket with aztec detail.


I also managed to get hold of some studded denim cut offs, a long black vest with white skull detail (for a mere £3!!) a  long cross detailed necklace and a great crop t-shirt which is the perfect 1980s cut with RAD written on it. It's supposed to be an ironic statement to my husband Phil who skates and this sort of thing annoys him. The irony actually is, that I really like the Rad t-shirt! It's Rad!


One outfit from Primark Sunday.
 
I thought I would give you a glimpse of one my new outfits from Primark Sunday. I had to be quick so I am actually still wearing the monochrome outfit underneath! This is a brave new look for me -the pleated maxi skirt- I have chosen to wear it with the new denim and leopard print shirt and my brothel creepers. I was already wearing the socks but I liked the look and went with it. I chose the skirt in black as pleated, light weight black garments are a big thing for the summer. What do you think? Can I work a pleated maxi skirt?
 

 
Creeper love!



All clothing from H&M, New Look, Underground at Office and not forgetting Primark!
All styling by No Debutante.
 
I love Primark Sundays!
ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...