A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Saturday 17 August 2013

No Debutante - Levitate Me

I am very excited to be DJing tonight at my club night Bang, here in Bristol, it's been a while!! As some of you will know Bang was ten years old this year and we celebrated with a big Bang party back in February, check out the big Bang party here http://no-debutante.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/bang-is-10-10-years-of-your-new.html  I run Bang with my husband Phil and brother Mike, we play alternative indie and 80s, new wave, ska, 50s rock'n'roll, 60s garage, glam, punk and Northern Soul and we rock! These days we put on a Bang event four times a year, I have too many kids and too little time to run a club night every month like we did for the first 8 years of Bang! I promise to write a post on how the night went, what we wore, who was there and what we got up to very soon. Bang on!

I have been away for a few days from my personal style posts so here's me looking rather tanned on the first days back in  Bristol after my amazing Ibiza holiday. 
So, what did I wear? 

The first outfit, is my new favourite Coca-Cola crop top and the H&M skater skirt worn with American Apparel tube socks and red Converse, I have loved 1970s skate style for years and I love wearing tube socks Tony Alva style! I am, of course, doing an ollie in the photograph below and my Penny board is just out of shot (ahem).
The second outfit shows the return of the vintage denim pinafore dress, worn with a crop top and the Converse again.  Look closely at the first photograph of this outfit, I saw a fellow blogger, the lovely Aiko from Hapy Friends Shoppe blog do this levitation style pose on her blog http://hapyshoppe.blogspot.co.uk, so I thought I'd give it a go. it is not an easy thing to jump and keep your face in a posed position so the fact that I managed to pull this shot off pleased me. The photograph freaked my kids out, who believed I was actually levitating! 
Which outfit do you prefer?







I shall be back with more personal style and lifestyle posts plus I have a few new product review posts in the pipeline, so lots going on!

Thank you so much for following and reading.

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...