A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Wednesday 18 March 2015

The A Team

I have owned my current A-line skirt for over a year. It's from Topshop and is a little bit too big for me if I'm honest but I just love the cut and the length. Being a fan of A-line skirts I have owned a few of the years, either in mini or midi lengths they have a flattering and retro cut that I love. Whether you are inspired by the late sixties, early seventies or the 90s A-line trend, there are lots of A-line skirts on the high street at the moment and I would definitely recommend checking out thrift shops for midi versions. I am a big fan of the denim A-line skirt but I am loving the St Laurent groupie inspired suede and patchwork versions too. All reputable vintage shops will have a whole rail of these babies available at a price that will match Topshop and Urban Outfitters but will be original 60s and 70s vintage. I would recommend visiting vintage shops to get an original, one off vintage item.

I am loving Alexa Chung's A-line denim mini from her new fashion line and the pale denim 1970s inspired midi version from The White Pepper's Summer 2014 range. Topshop have also launched a great fashion story for their latest collection of 60s / 70s inspired pieces including the denim and suede versions below styled up a treat with snug denim jackets, ankle socks, wedges and long straight retro inspired hair. I love the styling!!!

My outfits show you a few ways I have worn my denim A-line skirt recently. I am  really inspired by the collection of A-line skirt images below so watch this space for more A-line skirt styling and join us in the A-team for more fashion fun!







  Alexa rocking her A-line

Groupie Inspired at Saint Laurent

  Sweet 1970s Vintage styling from The White Pepper

 Wear yours with boyish flats and and shorts jackets for a contemporary look.
 Topshop denim and suede seperates



No Debutante outfits images (1 - 6) photography and styling by No Debutante. All clothing from Topshop, Super Lovers, Primark and No Debutante own vintage items.

All other images (7 - 12) sourced from thewhitepepper.com, vogue.co.uk, Alexa Chung by Jeff Hahn for Elle UK February 2015, topshop.com, jacuemus.com & pinterest.com.

Thanks for joining me today!
Follow me on Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest for daily updates and fashion moments all under the NO DEBUTANTE name!! See you later fashionistas xx

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...