A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 26 February 2013

I'm going out dancing.....February Fashion moments

There seems to be a theme for February which features either dresses or denim. It has been freezing here in Bristol so I am totally faking the bare arms look just for the photographs! I cannot even imagine going outside wearing no tights or in a short sleeve, hot weather is a distant memory to me.
My complexion suffers too, during the winter months I go a healthy shade of jaundice and need to smother my face with bright make-up to stop me from appearing, well.....dead!
Here's what I have been wearing this month.
 

Monochrome with red
 
 
 





 Double Denim layers

 
1970s tight tees and denim midi



I love my cute new Topshop dress with peep hole front detail and vintage style Hawaiian print.
 
Peep hole dresses and crop tops are totally wearable at the moment (if you ignore the cold British weather that is) as you are baring your torso rather than your belly button, your highwaister skirt, jeans, shorts should be covering that area up! This is not the 1990s midriff and hipster exposure, we do not want to see a muffin top, it still needs to be flattering! Try this look out, you may be surprised. If you don't fancy the dress, tie up your shirt or a top a little, we only need to see a flash of skin but remember, no hipsters or belly buttons, it's highwaisters all the way.


My outfit for the Bang 10th Birthday Party (a post to come very soon) I wore a belt with the Louise Gray dress on this occasion as it made it more flattering. I got so many compliments about the dress and other comments about how the strategically placed stars made people want to HONK my boobs, yes, I said HONK!!


The day after the night before, I was feeling surprisingly well here and was about to go and pick up my kids from my parents house. I'm still wearing these Dr Martens in, I love them, despite the pain!
 
All clothing from H&M, American Apparel, Rock Candy at Office,Topshop, Louise Gray at Topshop,Super Lovers-Japan, Vivienne of Holloway, Dr Martens, Primark,Charity and Army Surplus stores, Underground at Office. All styling by No Debutante.
 
One last thing, yes, I have been messing about with fonts,I get bored easily and work with graphic designers who will notice and be annoyed with my careless font choices! Sorry!So many fonts so little time!
ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...