A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 8 October 2018

Transitional Traumas!

As the seasons change and winter begins to loom over us like a bad dream (yeah, I hate the winter! ) it's time to take a look at what No Debutante has been wearing in these transitional months. 

There is nothing more exciting than the arrival of Spring and not having to wear a coat anymore, well for a few months anyway, and what about the freedom of being able to wear just shorts and a vest top every day? I really look forward to that time of year and that side of transitional fashion but the other end of transitional fashion just doesn't appeal to me at all!

I do not embrace the colder weather, I am, without a doubt, a summer person. I will admit to romanticising over the idea of being able to wear my faux furs and beanie hats again but this will be short lived, soon I will realise that I will have to wear overcoats and winter woollies every day, for half a year or more, (the weather in the UK honestly sucks) I think I am already over it! 

September started like this, I had a glowing tan and I was still refusing to even consider wearing extra layers. Realising I wasn't in Majorca anymore, I allowed a half cover up of a long sleeve hoodie or trousers but that was all, it was still crop tops a go-go for No Debutante. 

I subtly added a red beret - that I had spotted in Vogue magazine on my holidays and thought I could probably pull it off - into the mix late September , but, slowly, the cold crept in with October, which is where you find me now, wearing scarves, tights and cardigans! I am absolutely furious! 

From happily leaping about in summer layers to warm layers and bloody tights! (Still managing to sneak a crop top under those layers though!) 
Bringing in transitional styling with sporty shorts and popper pants


My super comfy striped Duvet Days co-ord is a perfect transitional outfit and can be worn layered up with jackets and boots as the cold kicks in.

Introducing the No Debutante new favourite Topshop Vinyl beret! Yeeeeessssss!

Bringing in the clashing prints this Autumn in Keith Haring style monochromes and my newly purchased vintage crop jacket (that makes me feel like a late 1980s pop star,)
both pair up a treat with that beret and some Tezla earrings! 



Happy Transitional October Fashionistas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...