A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Saturday 1 June 2013

No Debutante - Vintage Summer

I have been having a bit of a denim week this week and I have noticed that I mostly dress my denim in a 1950s vintage style. I have not worn skinny jeans for nearly a year ever since I declared that I was over them and that vintage cut wider jeans were definitely the way to go. This can either be with a wider leg, boyfriend style or high waisted and tapered 1950s style which ever way I choose to wear them there is always a nod to the 1950s or a rockabilly style and I always turn up the hems. The other important feature of this look is to have your top tucked into your jeans creating a flattering nipped in waist.

I am really pleased that my hair is getting longer and now seems to be growing, at last!! I have been trying out different styles to wear it half down (my hair still isn't quite the right length to wear it all down with no clips as the front layers are still quite extreme!!) I thought about 1940s and 1950s styles and have experimented with this idea with front twists and victory rolls and cute braids.

Here's how I wear mine.




See you again tomorrow for some more denim looks and how I dress in the warmer weather.

Thank you so much for reading!

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...