A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 25 September 2018

The Anti Fashion Klown Tribe

Today's post was supposed to be about a group of influential fashionistas and creatives that I follow Instagram, but I found myself totally girl crushing on Tuttii Fruitti London and ended up listening to podcast interviews and watching YouTube videos to find out more about them! So, here it is, a lil' post dedicated to Tuttii Fruitti London, if you think I'm colourful then get ready to be dazzled!




TUTTII FRUITTI LONDON

The Tuttii Fruittii Klowns


Tuttii Fruittii London caught my eye on Instagram a few years ago, after I started to follow, the self confessed Clown Hair Sculptures, Tuttii Fruittii and Toni Tits. I became fascinated with their anti fashion, punk clown styling. I just love their self titled Technicolour Hair Sculptures and their own personal clown style.

Toni Tits & Tuttii Fruittii in their salon in Deptford

First things first, They are Klowns and I love them for it!

The Tuttii Fruitti salon started off in a caravan that often went on tour, around festivals as an art installation, as well as a hair salon, when not based in an old school playground in Deptford, London. Following the gentrification of Deptford and their beloved school being turned into flats, Tutti Fruitti opened their own salon on Douglas Way in Deptford, I think a year ago, (instagram tells me they've just had a one year anniversary party).

The Tuttii Fruitti caravan and salon 


The salon is decorated in their awe-inspring style of mixing colourful, patterns and artwork into their safe and welcoming space for all who are wanting to get their hair sculpted into amazing styles by these beautiful Klowns. I am dying to get down to Deptford and get my hair did! Imagine if they were in Bristol, I'd be in there all the time!

The Tuttii Fruitti Klown style is a mix of traditional clown and London street style. The make-up is contemporary and tribal and reminds me of, a very bright and colourful,  Leigh Bowery and NYC Club Kid style mashed up with clown prints and memphis style art, creating their signature Tuttii Fruitti style.

The hair sculptures mix intricate, shaved, undercut styles with bright colours and patterns. Tuttii Fruitti even incorporate prints and styles from traditional clown costumes into their hairstyles! They are Klowns, they do hair and they are just amazing! I love them!

An example of Tuttii Fruitti's unique hair sculpting and make up creations


Watch this video interview with Tuttii Fruittii on the INFRINGE magazines youtube video for a chance to learn more about the fascinating world of Tuttii Fruitti London!





All images courtesy of Tuttii Fruittii London. 




If you are having a fashion event or a have a new collection you would like No Debutante to promote please get in touch!

Check out my work with Bristol 24/7 magazine under my name 
Emma Gorton-Ellicott

If you are interested in collaborating with No Debutante or getting featured on the No Debutante blog please contact me nodebutanteblog@gmail.com

Keep up with No Debutantes OOTD posts, collabs and current fashion obsessions posted daily on all of the following. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest all under the #nodebutante name.

Thanks for checking in Fashionistas.   
ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...