A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 23 June 2014

You've Torn Your Dress....You're Face Is A Mess..

Hey Hey Fashionistas! Summer has finally come to stay here in the UK, it's real hot and I am loving it!! I am loving the freedom of being able to wear shorts and dresses without tights, this is a massive thing here in the UK as we are never sure if the sunshine is actually going to come during our summer months, luckily for the past couple of years it decided it would show up and hang around for a bit.

Today's personal style pics are from a month ago when it was still, very much, tights wearing weather, what a difference a month can make! I am wearing my lovely warm 80 denier tights with, a dress that just keeps on giving, my swallow print shirt dress from H&M. It's a practical little dress that still (after 4 years) looks cool dressed up or down.

The first outfit features the plaid shirt again! I really love this shirt don't I? Layered up over the H&M dress with red Converse and a lovely flower in my quiffed updo hair an easy but effective look to pull off I think. 

The second look mixes colour blocking and a 1920s inspired hairdo. I love bright colours and bright coloured tights, I wore them to death a few years back and grew tired of them but now I am well involved with the bright tights looks from the 1960s and 70s. The 1920s influenced finger waved hair, is a first for me, it's not perfect finger waving but I thought I'd have a go. Like I said in my last post, there's no harm in trying stuff out. I was pretty impressed with my first attempt. What do you think? It's Modern Vintage daaarling....








Which is your favourite look?

All clothing from H&M, Primark, Topshop and Converse.

Thanks so much for reading, I shall be back tomorrow with more Fashion Fun!

ND xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...