A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 18 June 2018

Loves Saves The Day again!

As the festival season is in full flow, I would like to share the No Debutante moments from my fave festival,  Love Saves The Day in Bristol! 

There are many fantastic moments from this weekend back in May, from meeting so many festival fashionistas as I roamed around, looking for the best dressed and latest festival fashion trends for Bristol 24/7 Magazine. My LSTD partner in crime & bestie Rachael joined me, workin her head wrap, Gangster Wraps earrings, Tatty Devine tiger necklace, Monki shirt dress and sparkly leopard print leggings with me in my amaze new monochrome Manners jumpsuit, purchased at the That Thing festival fashion launch party, worn with monochrome Tezla earrings and a Butchi and GosMos bumbag! Yeeessss! 

Getting ready to go to Love Saves The Day at my house with my oldest friend Rachael

We loved hanging out with one of my oldest buddies Chris who was working backstage at LSTD.

SEQUINS SEQUINS SEQUINS at Kuccia as part of The Fashpack crew



We hung out with The Fashpack team who supply a fashion fest of glitter and sparkles from their treasure tent, as the place to go get your obligatory (and sustainable) glitter face paint did and all your fashion fixes from sequined kimonos and bodysuits from Kuccia, heart or daisy shaped sunnies and vintage gems from That Thing, feathered headdresses from Zedhead Headwear, jumpsuits and co-ords made from saris from Dulcie's Feathers and festival fashion galore!

Joh Rindom from The Fashpack doing my festival face paint 

Wearing daisy sunnies from That Thing at The Fashpack tent

The Fashpack fashionistas inc Dulcie's Feathers, Zedhead Headwear & DJ Steven Stone working the room (tent)

The only photo of my Saturday LSTD outfit taken by Rachael! 


The weather was scorchio after mad rain and thunder storms at the beginning of both days, which saw people cutting down their welly boots and stripped down to barely there outfits, it couldn't have been any better and the sunshine just added to the whole fun-filled vibe!

Kuccia Mama outside the Fashpack tent


Wearing florals and black  - Frau DJ Katie Dane in a Lazy Oaf dress & Joh Rindom from That Thing & The Fashpack

A few members of SisterWorks were representing female DJs over the weekend including Frau DJs, who I shall be collaborating with as a Bang DJ at this years Pride (more on this very soon) and Dutty Girl DJs DissMiss and SafeSoul who were killing it at the Cocktails and Dreams stage on the Sunday.

DJ DissMiss from Dutty Girl playing her set on the Cocktails & Dreams stage

SafeSoul from Dutty Girl

I arrived at the festival solo on the Sunday wearing a crop top and my Duvet Days striped trousers and silver Reebok trainers. I dropped in on the Dutty Girl set and found myself taking photos of their crowd of dancers and handing out SisterWorks stickers to everyone - SisterWorks is a Bristol based female empowerment collective that I am part of, for those who didn't know -  It was great to see lots of young men wearing our stickers, not for the eye candy you understand (LOLs) I'm not sure they completely got it but to have them promote SisterWorks whilst dancing to female DJs was empowering! Yeah, yeah, it is equality that we are looking for and it shouldn't matter whether the DJs were women or not but one step at a time, right?

Young men representing - wearing SisterWorks stickers

Loved these girls style twinning in fur hats, matching skirts and lace tights on such a boiling hot day! 

Rainbow Bright - No Debutante's best dressed award! 

The icing on the cake was bumping into Loyle Carner before he went on to perform! I was completely starstruck, I really like his music and love the style and tone of his vocals and yeah, he is  (too young for you.....Loyle Carner reference from Damnselfly) so sweet. I am sure that myself and fellow fashionista/mum, Zoe (from Zedhead Headwear) terrified poor Loyle Carner and Sampha (yes, two musicians in one swoop) as they finished their lunch, but Zoe insisted on meeting her music hero Sampha and I was not gonna stop her for a chance to meet Loyle!



Celebrity stalkin' No Debutante meets Loyle Carner


I managed to get myself right at the front of the Loyle Carner performance with my lovely new Lumix camera and got some great shots, considering I wasn't aloud over the barrier to take photos with the official photographers. Who needs access all areas eh?






There were so many moments and I had the best time at this brilliant Bristol festival, just 20 minutes walk from my house! If you would like to know more about the festival fashionistas, check out my article for Bristol 24/7 Love Saves The Day Festival Fashion special  


See you next year Love Saves The Day! Thanks for having me! 




All photography by No Debutante 


If you are having a fashion event, a new collection or fun event you would like No Debutante to promote please get in touch!

No Debutante promotes fashion independents, new designers & sustainable fashion. 

Check out my work with Bristol 24/7 magazine under my name 
Emma Gorton-Ellicott

If you are interested in collaborating with No Debutante or getting featured on the No Debutante blog please contact me nodebutanteblog@gmail.com

Keep up with No Debutantes OOTD posts, collabs and current fashion obsessions posted daily on all of the following. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest all under the #nodebutante name. 

Thanks for checking in Fashionistas
ND xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...