A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 8 September 2014

Cruel Summer

Hey hey Fashionistas! As usual I've been mega busy with family and work commitments so I have to apologise for taking a week to write this post!
Let's get straight in there and have a chat about a couple of recent personal style outfits that I've been out and about in lately. The first, I described as a 'Autumn 2014 layering Try Out' on Instagram. The weather had taken an Autumnal turn here in the UK, the sun had literally disappeared! It seems mad now since our Great British Indian summer has turned up and the sun is indeed shining again! 

I am loving Smock dresses, I wear them alone (with shorts underneath, they are goddamn short) or layered over jeans and skirts. Layering is an easy way to keep those summer wardrobe items working for you in the colder months! On this occasion I have layered the smock dress over my Mom jeans both from Topshop. 
I have since bought two more smock dresses from my new favourite on line shop The White Pepper. One of which I shall hopefully be wearing to a festival inspired wedding I am attending on Saturday, watch this space for wedding outfits, antics and inspirations! 

The second look is more geek chic than  1950s inspired. I love mashing up styles so a rock tee worn with a 1950s circle skirt and plimsolls is a great geek chic mix. Real Modern Vintage! I wore my hair up in a cute and quirky off centre top knot to finish the look.
 Which look is your favourite? Autumn Layering or Modern Vintage Geek?







All clothing from Topshop, Urban Outfitters and Vivienne Of Holloway.

Thanks so much for reading and please feel free to leave comments! 

If you wanna keep up with No Debutante on a daily bases follow me on Facebook Instagram and Pinterest

See you soon Fashionistas

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...