A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Thursday 21 June 2012

I want..... Danielle Scutt at Asos

Today we are going to have a break from Me and what I have been wearing and instead have a look at another designer collection from Asos that I have been lusting over (and hoarding images of on my Pinterest fashion boards) for the past few months. Again, like the House of Holland post, these items are available now on Asos and are from London based designer Danielle Scutt's exciting debut collection for Asos for Spring Summer 2012.

The collection instantly caught my eye with it's interesting cuts, early 1980s influenced styling and fantastic bright, bold prints. The styling is definitely my style with it's pinafore / dungaree style straps, bleached prints, low cut front maxi dresses worn over slouchy tees and a great mix of jerseys and denim. This turned out to be pretty much bang on with the look Danielle Scutt was going for, if the Asos summary below is anything to go by. I always love a bit of androgyny too, of course!

'Looking to references that inspired her during her youth, Scutt channels an androgynous silhouette with low-slung, bleached out denim jeans, masculine shirting references and tough slogan print t-shirts. A combination of polka dots, glittering metallics and tartan, embellish the collection with a modern edge.'

I thought I'd better add that I am guessing that Scutt's childhood was in the 1980s, it's probably in the 1990s, I forget how old I am. It's like my Mum asking me if I remember when you could get your weeks shopping for ten and six (NB. this only works in the UK) I have no idea what my mother was talking about....ten and six what?





I am loving that maxi dress, it's a perfect 1980s replica, I can see girls wearing it in my childhood memories of the 1980s,(or perhaps Grunge girls wearing a version of it, in the 1990s...ahem) it's just perfect! It looks great layered up with the basic slash neck tee and I love the racer back. The bleached style print is Scutt's own exclusive creation known as Cloud Wash.
The Denim overalls in the Cloud Wash denim features more of my favourite, low cut front details and a tapered leg. Next to these are the Bandana print silk hareem style trousers - very S/S 2012 and the most easiest look for you to covet this season. Styling wise, I always like to see printed socks with wedge sandals, it's a great, individual look. If only I had the opportunity to wear wedge sandals more often!!
I'm loving the cute little denim playsuit with it's low cut front and cross over back straps, the cross over waist detail was inspired by corsetry and would be very flattering to wear.
Mrs Mia Wallace's (she does look like her, doesn't she??) t-shirt has a collage of photo imagery, polka-dots and song lyrics, which will always catch my eye and the black on yellow is a bit punk. The skirt above is an interesting one, it has side drapes that, on first inspection, make you think the skirt is undone, which is a nice detail and again a little bit punk.

The Danielle Scutt Collection is currently available at Asos and prices for the above items range from £180 - £590 and is a little out of my current price range! I will continue to be inspired by the collection by wearing low cut tops, dresses and overalls layered over tops and vests, pairing wedges with printed socks (or sandals / flats for non wedges days!), jersey maxi dresses, midi skirts in black or denim, bleach prints and punk tees! I hope you do the same. ND xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...