A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 9 April 2012

It's too early for that dress -Post Pregnancy Fashion Dilemmas - Part 4

I am a little delicate today as I was out Djing last night and may have indulged in one or two drinks....Here's the next installment from my post pregnancy posts.

Sportswear? What's that all about? Well, I had become inspired by a photoshoot fashion story from Pigeons and Peacocks magazine named Ganguro Girl, I have talked about it before on my Pigeons and Peacocks post from last year. (Find it here http://no-debutante.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/my-latest-magazine-obsession-pigeons.html ) The styling is a mix of Japanese street style and British chav style, which sounds bizarre but looks cool.

I decided to try and wear a bit of sportswear each day, to see how many looks I could come up with, using the clothes I already own. I needed to incorporate sports styling with bright colours and prints, the same way as the P&P fashion story. Sportswear inspired fashion is also massive this Spring/ Summer including high tec anoraks, cycle shorts (yes, cycle shorts), glossy bright colours, jog pant cut trousers and racer back vests. I will deffo do a post about what's on the high street and how to wear sportswear very soon.




Outfit 1  -Khaki anorak from Primark, purple sweatshirt, leggings & sunglasses from H&M, Socks from American Apparel, red Converse low tops. from Office.

Wear an oversized anorak with everything this Spring Summer!




Outfit 2 - Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and bodycon dress from H&M, Floral leggings from Versace for H&M, red Converse low tops.



Outfit 3 - Purple sweatshirt (as before) digital floral print trousers and red socks from Topshop, Leopard print Converse low tops from Office.

g

Outfit 4 - Sonic Youth t-shirt from Urban Outfitters, low front bodycon dress from American Apparel, floral leggings and red Converse (as before) yellow cardigan from H&M.


Outfit 5 - Black vest and leopard print trousers from Topshop, yellow sunglasses and cardigan from H&M, red Converse (as before).

I am classing these trousers as sportswear as they are cut the same as jogging bottoms with the baggy leg and gathered hem, so it's sportswear inspired clothing for the Sportswear trend as well as traditional sportswear.



 Outfit 6 - Bloomers from American Apparel, name necklace from Tatty Devine, Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and Converse (as before).

I love my American Apparel bloomers! I went shopping to Primark on this day and a mother said to her daughter 'what on earth is she wearing?' which made me smile....

I guess, on this occassion, I didn't really have any post pregnancy fashion dilemmas as sportswear is comfy and fits you even if you go up a couple of sizes, it's a dangerous thing to wear as you may not realise you are putting on the pounds! Sportswear - wear with caution! ND xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...