A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 5 November 2018

Sonic Youth - A photo shoot by No Debutante




I have always been really interested in reportage photography. I am not what I would call a professional photographer but I have been photographing Bristol night life for over 15 years, recording what happens and what people are wearing. My photos are less about portraits and more about catching these clubbers in a moment, dancing, laughing and generally having fun.

My camera of choice is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G60 and my other camera is my Pixel 2 phone! My photography is more point and shoot and very DIY! Despite this I do know what I am after in a photograph but I mostly enjoy the randomness of seeing what happens! It makes the shoot more fun.

I have taken up a more photojournalism style since becoming a blogger and journalist, which requires paying a bit more attention to detail and lighting to achieve perfect high resolution shots for online articles and magazines. It has taken me out of my comfort zone but I have learnt more through doing this. 



I love the 90s photographs that Corinne Day took of Kate Moss and the more contemporary style of Gosha Rubchinskiy's photographs of Russian Youth wearing his fashion brand, they  often feature real models rather than professionals in very urban and often gritty backdrops.

Both photographers seem to be inspired by youth and although I am usually capturing movement and moments in fashion rather than specific age groups, I have been inspired to capture my own images of youth.

Coincidentally, my eldest son Lucian, was happy to model for me. Result! 












The shoot took place at the glamorous location of 'our house' keeping it real......

Lucian is wearing a long sleeve Zoo York t-shirt, H&M jeans and Adidas trainers.

Model Lucian Hendrix Ellicott
Photography by No Debutante










2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for cool unique hoodies in London, then BVD BOY is one of the best choices for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! This post gives a better idea. Thanks for the useful information. You can also check our blog : Personalized hoodies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...