A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 7 January 2014

No Debutante - The Clash


I like to clash up and mix prints and styles. It's something I have always done, I never buy an item of clothing to go with something else from my wardrobe, I could never be so restricted, to me it seems a bit twee. Even with 1950s styling, which I love and own a lot of fifties pieces, I will still mash up the prints and colour ways even though it seems to go against the 1950s styling rules. I like to wear all of my clothes my way and although I will become inspired by lots of people and looks around me, I always wear things in my organised chaotic way. Which I know confuses some people and delights others which is cool, we are all different.

Today's personal style outfits both include a bit of print clashing and also feature two of my kids, they are a big part of my life after all and are often with me when I take my blog photographs and to feature them every once in a while perhaps makes my blog a little different from the usual fashion blog! What do you think?

The first outfit is a bit grunge and features double denim and tartan with my leopard print fur coat and Dr Martens.
The second outfit is more preppy, with the skater skirt, Breton tee and Converse low tops accessorised with a victory roll.

My eldest son Lucian who features in today's post alongside his little sister Sylvie Belle, is now 9 years old and likes to skate, just like his Daddy. He Rocks!

All clothing from H&M, Primark, Dr Martens, Converse, Vans,  Mothercare & Santa Cruz.









Thanks for joining me and have a great day!

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...