A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 29 October 2012

Bernhard Willhelm AW 2012-13

If there is one collection that has a vast selection of my favourite socks and tights for this Autumn/winter it has to be Bernhard Willhelm! I have had these images for ages and now I also have the images for next season so I need to get on with it and show you my favourites from the A/W 2012. You will have seen a couple of examples of the footwear on my Fox in Socks post a few weeks back, so you already know I have an obsession with the socks and tights! The whole collection is quite wearable, I have lots of the slouchy jackets, oversized tees (and of course the socks and tights), much more wearable than the menswear from the same collection, which is really creative, but a few too many unfunctional items (bare chest cut outs being one of them) that are not too Autumn winter friendly, or most men I know, friendly, let's use the word avant garde....I will show you a few chosen pieces from the menswear range too as there are some great pieces. There had been a lot of haters for this collection on pinterest, I am loving it, of course, attracted by the clashing prints, bright colours and big shapes as usual. People seem to take things so literally, you don't have to wear the whole look from head to toe!


Wrap Coats


Slouchy jersey with tasselled layers


Mix Print layers


Punk Mohair jumpers

 
Asymmetric leggings, graphic prints and sportluxe boots


Mix print jersey tasselled mash up!


Mix prints tailored V sportluxe


Camouflage sportluxe zip up jackets with shorts


 
Menswear mix print mash up


Snood style hoodie and Bernhard Willhelm!

To sum this collection up I would have to compare the very wearable women's wrap coats with the full on aztec jumper and leggings from the menswear range, this is no way the most outrageous item from the menswear range but it is definitely one of the pieces that caught my eye. The look is mostly for the very brave but as I always say, just take elements from it, apart from the socks and tights, I really want the wrap coats, mohair knits and the jersey tops, it all looks pretty warm and comfortable which is something I need during the British winter. It seems that long hair for men and women is a big thing for this look, so I am glad I am growing my hair, although I'm hoping my husband Phil does not become inspired to grow that long two tone beard! When in Bristol.........ND xx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...