A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Jeremy Scott V's Bart Simpson

I became very excited when I saw the first few images of Jeremy Scott's Autumn Winter 2012 show from New York Fashion week at the beginning of the year and have tried my hardest to hold back on talking about it, since I still have a million things to say about Spring Summer 2012. Anyhoo, it looks like I may explode if I don't post about another one of those freak and unique shows that has caught my eye and deserves to be spread across my blog!

Jeremy Scott, is a style icon himself, outrageous, cool and the king of street style, magazines  such as ID and Dazed and Confused love to photograph him as much as his collections. It goes without saying his brand should be just as individual as he is and the Autumn Winter 2012 show does not disappoint!
It's bright colours, big graphics and sporty cuts make a lot of the collection more wearable than you may first think. The range, for me, is really late 80's / early 90's inspired with the rave culture being a big influence, this is mixed up with Deee-lite and De La Soul style psychedelic prints and topped off with a bit of Studio 54 V's alien punk glamour (check out the hair). So yes, its a bit of a mish mash which is probably why I love it!

BANG! Straight in there with the Bart Simpson print outfit. A cowl neck cropped jumper (these are appearing a lot  - Rhianna wore one from BOY on Jonathan Ross a few weeks back) with matching hotpants and legwarmers! Love it!

The maxi tube dress making an appearance for yet another season, these are so comfy and easy to wear, really cool for the Summer or layered up with cardigans and jumpers in the winter months.

This is an example of what I would call a psychedelic Deee-Lite style outfit, Lady Miss Kerr -my teen style icon- would rock this outfit and I would have traded my Nike Hightops  to own this dress when I was 14.  I'd wear it to a local rave...... yes I was a baby raver, my Dad used to pick me up in his car afterwards! Ha! Errr...remind me to never tell my kids that story.


 Rainbow coloured shaggy coats, bra tops and high waist skirts, ultra skinny bell bottom trousers ( a 90's favourite), My Pet Monster accessories, shiny platform peep toes and Alien Studio 54 hair! What's not to like here?

Menswear options - Rave style sweatshirts (I think it is actually knitwear) My husband Phil said he would wear the Bart Simpson jumper but I can't see me getting him in those shiny trousers, no matter how skinny a fit they are. (Phil was always rather partial to a pair of skinnies).

OK, it wouldn't be right to not show you the most outrageous pieces from the collection. For the men (above ) it's the stripey long johns with matching hat (My 3 month old Sylvie has a similar outfit) and for the women (below)  it's the Studio 54 dress with the oversized Rainbow Bright unicorn brooch!

As much as I love this collection I am usually looking at ways the collection inspires me and how I can make it a more wearable style for me (I clearly cannot afford designer originals) that Unicorn might get in the way a bit too, don't you think?  Firstly graphic prints can be worn on any sweatshirts, t-shirts and knitwear, the trend for bold hair colour will continue to get brighter ( pastel and bright coloured hair is trending big time on Pinterest at the moment). Maxi tube dresses are still available everywhere this Summer, psychedelic prints are too not forgetting your vintage options (get thrifting), shiny trousers are best from American Apparel and add a flowing Studio 54 style dress (yet to be sourced) and peeptoe glittery platforms and you're there. I will, of course be joining in with a bit of hair crimping and a smaller Unicorn brooch perhaps or similar kitsch style version from Tatty Devine, yes, that would finish off the look...........well, that's how I'd do it....if only I could afford the Jeremy Scott originals....ND xx

All images sourced from highsnobette.com, homotography.blogspot.co.uk, www.fashioncraz.com. Find these images and more on http://pinterest.com/nodebutante/fashion/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...