A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 9 August 2011

My Style Icons Part 2 - Debbie Harry

My first Style Icon is Debbie Harry the Punk Rock Goddess female vocalist from Blondie. Debbie was the first person I wanted to look like when I grew up, my Mum thought she was beautiful and I agreed with her. As well as fronting one of my favourite bands of all time Debbie Harry manages to mix up an image of punk rock, girlie chic, hip hop and glamour better than anyone, the blonde hair, the lip gloss, the attitude, need I say more? I also love that Debbie Harry was not real young when she formed Blondie, she was actually in her 30s. I may give off the impression that I dont give a damn about age but, of course, I do. I will always promote that you should not have to start acting a certain way or dressing a certain way because of your age. You just have to stay aware of it, you are gonna get older, just carry on as if you're not!
To explain about the blog name for those who didn't know. 'No Debutante' is a quote from a line in the Blondie song 'Dreaming' The line in the song is also quoted on my blog...
When I met you in the restaurant, you could tell I was no debutante...

Is this a virginal white mini dress with red electrical tape wrapped around it?Yes, I think it is...I love you Debbie.


The cheekbones the bleach blonde hair, the fringe, the pout, I could go on... 
 High waister skinnies with the safety pin fastening. I even love the handbag on the chair next to her.
 The bleach blonde hair with black dip dye effect ends.
 Oversized ripped jumper worn as a dress, possibly....I do love a jumper as a dress. It's my thing, really short dresses , skirts, shorts,showing alot of leg... you get the idea. None of these ballerina / ice skater girl flippy style short skirts for me though, I have small hips and a tiny ass which frankly accentuates my muscular thighs. I need to show off the small parts to disguise the big, this has taken me years to figure out with many fashion errors! Back to Debbie....I love her....
Debbie Harry looking like a cute geek in those cool white large frame glasses. She has so many looks which is something I'm very interested in, not being stuck with the same look all the time, this is quite hard to achieve unless you have a disposable income to blow on new clothing, accessories and hair / make up. Hoarding is a good way to achieve a good eclectic wardrobe in my opinion. Debbie Harry you are a beautiful, glamourous style Legend. Did I mention....I love you....

People stop and stare at me We just walk on by - we just keep on dreaming



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...