A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Sunday 22 September 2013

No Debutante - Vintage Denim

I love denim, I wear it nearly everyday in every guise from vintage cut jeans to retro denim jackets to customised denim cut offs. Today's personal style outfit both feature denim but in very different looks and both are based on vintage and retro styles.

The first outfit is an eighties inspired version of the 1950s look, the 1950s were massive in the eighties and this is a contemporary version combining three decades in one look! Confused yet? The denim in this outfit is new but the cut of these Vivien of Holloway jeans (regular followers will know I love these jeans) comes from vintage 1950s jean patterns and I love them.

The second outfit features a bit of double denim with the denim panels on the shirt and the vintage 1970s denim pinafore dress which I have owned since the 1990s.

I have loved wearing my hair twisted and pinned up this summer. Hairpins are one of the greatest inventions for hair and you can achieve these twisted up looks using hairpins even if you have short hair (obviously not cropped short!) it's a great way to give the illusion that your hair is longer and it is so easy to do whether your hair is long or short! You can also use hair clips and flowers to keep the style in place. Try it today!


 



I've been at Brisfest (an annual Bristol festival) all weekend and I now need my beauty sleep. Hope you had a great weekend too!

Thanks for following and hello new followers!! xx

ND XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...