A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 20 August 2013

No Debutante - A Great British Wedding

Today's post features what I wore and what others wore to my friend Abbie's wedding. Abbie and Dan actually got married at the same venue that my husband and I married in four years ago, there is an on-going joke with me and Abbie about the venue's wedding book that they use to promote their venue, Paintworks, to possible couples who are considering tying the knot at this somewhat unconventional event space. I say unconventional as it is a large open plan space which used to be Bristol Paintworks factory dating back to the late 1800's, which is now used as an art gallery and events space and is seen as a blank canvas that you it is can turn into anything you wish. We decorated with coloured lanterns, flowers, cushions and fairy lights with Spanish tapas, Abbie and Dan went for a great British wedding with bunting, tea- cups and a fish and chip supper. Anyway, back to the on-going joke, apparntly, Paintworks use my wedding as an example wedding and have loads of photographs of my wedding in a big wedding book! I had no idea about this but do remember saying they could use some images, anyway, Abbie always teases me about it being my wedding book. It is a bit wierd though isn't it?? 
Like me, Abbie really loves 1950s style and Dan is really into hot rods so I dressed accordingly in a 1950s cut Vivien of Holloway halterneck pencil dress and wedges. A Vivien of Holloway dress is very beautiful and nipped in in all the right places but I really don't go to enough events to wear the two I currently own (the other being my wedding dress), so any excuse to wear them, I do!

I attended the wedding with my other work buddy Rudi, who looked stunning in her vintage Topshop dress and yellow stilettos ( I also own these yellow Topshop stilettos, I'm glad to see Rudi is also a hoarder, we both got these shoes as a birthday gifts before either of us had kids!! They really are amazing shoes!!) Rudi looked great in her outfit and I love her dip dyed hair colour.

As soon, as I saw Abbie's dress I loved it, I loved the 1950s cut and the red ribbon, white and red is so beautiful, it was perfect for her. Abbie wore her dress with Vivienne Westwood red glitter heels, which I was totally jealous of but later on went a bit more casual in red baseball style pumps, her bridesmaids (who also wore 1950s style dresses with pin up hair) did the same. I loved it and almost wished I had bought my Converse along, it would have been a damn site easier to dance in Converse, that's for sure!! I unfortunately do not have photographs of the bridesmaids, since I don't really know them, although I'm sure they wouldn't  mind and if I'm honest Rudi and I got a little bit drunk and danced for hours!! Good times!!








A massive congratulations and thanks so much for inviting us Abbie and Dan!!!!

More of what I've been wearing lately coming up next and hopefully  some more of my current obsessions and how I will be wearing next seasons looks! 

Thanks for reading.

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...