A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Winter Layering In Denim & Plaid

Hey Fashionistas! I love to tomboy it up in denim and plaid, whether its a rockabilly inspired dungarees, skate tee, creepers and plaid shirt or a modern vintage crop top and 1950s jeans look. I can girl it up and down, depending how I am feeling........On this particular day, when I wore the rockabilly dungarees ensemble, I wasn't feeling too great, this was the first day I hadn't worn PJs for about a week after that damn Christmas flu bug attempted to finish me off the week before Christmas. My heart wasn't totally into choosing an outfit but this look is always a win win for me, so I didn't really have to think about it. After the week of PJs, dungarees and a plaid shirt seemed the next closest thing. So, I got all dressed up and braided my hair but couldn't face the make up (hence me hiding my face for the photographs) I still wasn't feeling one hundred percent but thought my outfit looked cool and should be documented for the blog. I am not a big beauty girl who perfects her make up or attempts to look beautiful, it's all about the clothes and hair for me, if my face looks OK then that's a bonus!

The modern vintage second outfit is one you have seen before here at the No Debutante blog but it is one of my go to outfits, I needed to wear a long sleeve as I was cold, a crop top if you're cold you may ask? My 1950s jeans are high on the waist and I had the plaid shirt layered over too so only a tiny bit of skin showing on my upper torso. The thing I will never understand in the cold, winter months are people with no socks on??? It makes me shiver even considering it. What is wrong with these people??? These second images were taken in my new loft bedroom, I am loving the amount of light in the loft and the white walls make it a perfect room for taking photographs. I have even shared a close up selfie of my face, a very rare thing for this blogger, I can tell you!

Which is your favourite look?












All clothings from Topshop, Vision Street Wear, Underground, Vivien of Holloway and Primark. 

Thanks for reading. See you soon with more fashion fun. Never conform!

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...