A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Friday 5 July 2013

No Debutante - Tomorrow Never Knows

I have found a new dress for the wedding! Yey! I cannot reveal the new dress yet but I will confirm that is is from Miss Selfridge. I was given the heads up to check out the dresses in Miss Selfridge by work mate Cath, after an unsuccessful search in River Island and Zara. I checked out the Miss S website and there seemed to be endless SJP type dresses and I went for a borderline SJP dress myself, expect a skater style skirt, again, honestly, it is may favourite shape at the moment and the dress even had pockets and regular readers will know I seem to have an obsession with a dress or skirt with hidden pockets!! I had no idea that Miss S had got so expensive these days, this dress cost more than the Zara dress, to be honest,  I don't think I have bought anything in Miss Selfridge since 2001! Well, it's back on the No Debutante fashion map!

I also fell in love with a silk bomber jacket in Zara, I think I even blogged about it in my Bomber Jacket post earlier this year, it was in the sale but alas it is still more than I am willing to pay. It is deffo one to keep an eye on the website for, it started at £135 and is now down to £75, more reductions please Zara!! The jacket will be mine!

Today's outfits are from Wednesday and Thursday supposedly my working days but we had a very poorly Sylvie Belle who has a virus and kept me up all of Tuesday night meaning I did not get to work on Weds, I couldn't leave the poor thing. I'm dressed in my Gang of Four Tee and denim cut offs and for a change wore my hidden wedge leopard print high tops. I spent most of the day with a hot baby on my lap! 
On Thurs I was in a monochrome mood with my H&M swallow dress and New Look aztec cardigan and brightened things up with a red belt and Converse and my leopard print headscarf, looking retro rockabilly cool. The Instagram photograph of this outfit got the most likes ever, so I was happy.








Every morning I take my photographs of my chosen outfit using my iphone and new camera tripod (always in a mad rush) and then on the more relaxed bus ride to work I post a chosen image from the mornings shoot onto Instagram. Sometimes the photographs I choose whilst I'm half asleep, with my poor eyesight are blurred but nobody seems to care as they are all (mostly) looking from their iphones too. I like to post a pic everyday to show the world what I have chosen to wear. Nobody judges you (well, not to your face) or seems to mind if the image is a bit blurred, they just like the photograph, if they want to and most of my likes are from complete strangers, it's a great community and I love it. There are actually some lovely people out there in this cynical world!
Best social networking tool ever!!
Follow the link on my blog to find me on Instagram!

 Thank you for reading, I am happy you are there!

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...