A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Sunday 15 December 2013

No Debutante - Shirt and Sweet

Today's personal style post is a mash up of different rockabilly looks and hairstyles. For both outfits I am wearing shirts with my Vivien of Holloway 1950s jeans, ankle socks and creepers. Shirt tucked in or out? I like both.

 I love trying out different types of Victory rolls in my hair, I thought I wouldn't have thick / long enough hair to achieve a double victory roll but it is possible even on fine, mid length hair. When attempting rockabilly hairstyles backcombing is your friend, it also helps if you hair hasn't just been washed as it's not so flyaway and you'll have more control over it. Lots of people ask me if I put rollers in my hair or if I am wearing rollers!? I have never used rollers, I just take a section of hair, backcomb it from the root and then roll it up using my fingers. It's actually quite easy when you get used to it. I have thought about doing a YouTube tutorial but honestly there are loads of victory roll tutorials already on there, that's how I learnt how to do it. Ladies, get rolling!! 

You may also notice a little guest in today's photographs, isn't my little Sylvie Belle growing up? Sylvie is now two years old and loves princess dresses and wants pink hair like her Mummy! She is the cutest!! (My hair is pink now but not in these photographs, incase you were wondering...)










Three posts in one week? This is some sort of record for me these days! I'd like to say that I won't be wearing the tartan shirt in the next personal style post but then I would be lying. How many more ways can I possibly wear it before you see a repeat outfit? I can assure you it could go on for a long time, the possibilities are endless!

Thanks for joining me today and have a fantastic week on this run up to Christmas! Excited!!!  xx

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...