A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 15 January 2019

2019 - You got this!




Hello fashionistas! 

I thought I'd start this years blogging off with a  lil' No Debutante fashion catch up post. 

I had a year of slow fashion in 2018 where I tried, real hard, to buy less and more wisely, I feel much happier that I have stopped my fast fashion fads and that I don't really follow trends the way I (obsessively) used to, but honestly, it's hard to promote independent designers without wanting to wear all of their clothes! 

The amazing Lucy and Yak 'Frankie' boilersuit £65 and worth every penny! 


I managed to justify my fashion obsessions and yearnings for more clothes by trying to wait until Christmas, where I gently popped a few independent designers names onto my Christmas list to Santa, who kindly bought me a much wanted Lucy and Yak boilersuit in turquoise blue! I have the longest upper body and was very scared it wouldn't fit me but it does.....just! I am already eyeing up the pink boilersuit! Stay focused No Debutante! 


Going wild in faux furs and animal prints
A fun contrast against all the pastels and bright colours!


I also got some much needed new trainers, after I realised I haven't bought any new trainers for a couple of years! My shoe of choice is the Nike Air Force 1 Jester XX, which I literally haven't stopped wearing since I got them! I love them! 

I did crack in my slow fashion buying just before Christmas, when I met the lovely Lulu Harrison, designer at the supercute fashion brand Balulu, for a Bristol 24/7 article and left with a Balulu Mickey jacket and dungaree co-ord. Everyone loves that co-ord! It was the right decision.....



Read My Lips -  One of the supercute Lazy Oaf jumper dresses


The second slow fashion slip up was the Lazy Oaf sale! I just had a little peek over the holidays and couldn't resist two (aargh!) oversized jumper dresses, both are pink and super cute. I know I will wear them for years, like all my other Lazy Oaf buys, so it's completely justified! 

From independent designers to new trainers and spray dyed galaxy pastel hair, it's all been happening in No Debutante's world! Mostly in pastels! 



Pastel obsessions

Lazy Oaf dress and earrings by local Bristol designer Sophie Filomena

The other pink Lazy Oaf dress. Super cuddly and warm with a hood, bell sleeves and a burger print. 

My pastel galaxy hair by Girl On Curl a fun experiment that actually worked!
Inspired by hairstylist and artist Janine Ker  

Kawaii feels - Lazy Oaf cardigan, polka dot Monki trousers and retro kawaii tee from Tokyo. 

Those Nike Air Force 1 Jesters haven't been off my feet! 


My guilty pleasure and Christmas day outfit! The Balulu Mickey Mouse co-ord! 





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...