A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Thursday 21 September 2017

I love Daisies read her shirt

When I was a young fashionista I followed each seasons trends and fashion shows religiously, I always wanted the next big thing (if I could afford it) and would get excited about the Vogue catwalk special to see all the next big trends, which I would covet using high street and vintage items.

It then became less about the seasons must haves and more of a realisation (thanks to discovering The Face magazine) that I loved styling up outfits and just wanted to wear what I wanted whether everyone loved it or not. I made my own clothes too which meant I didn't have to just put up with what the high street had on offer and made my look even more unique

These days I just dip in to whats going on on the catwalks usually through blogs I read, people I follow on Instagram, a quick look on the Vogue website or scanning through (rather obsessively) my ever trusty pinterest boards. I have collected thousands of fashion imagery over the years and always want to share my findings with you but pinterest moves faster than I can blog! 


The Marc Jacobs Spring Ready-to-wear 2018 collection caught my eye whilst I was browsing through Susie (Lau) Bubble's blog, Style Bubble. I  just loved the big hippy-trippy retro flowers, I've not been a flower print lover for a few years but these bold and bright beauties remind me of my nineties youth where big daisies covered everything from belts, dresses to De La Soul's '3 feet high and rising' album. I just loved daisies when I was a teenager! The extra surprise were the super cute sequinned flower embellished fabrics in real bright colours, adding a little glamour to this fashion mash up.

The next things noted were the head wraps, worn big and up high African style, I love head wraps but I have a tiny head and no hair to wrap it around, you have to wrap about twenty scarfs round my head for any effect! A great alternative to a woolly hat for the winter that will work all year round, give it a go!


The bright coloured and extreme oversized rain macs and knits look great worn big and slouchy, perfect for keeping you real warm and cuddly for the winter months especially when layered over a poloneck and shirt for triple protection against the elements!

There is a nod to sportswear with voluminous tracksuits and sports anoraks worn with the poloneck and shirts buttoned all the way up ensemble and it looks like bumbags, socks and sliders are here for another year. Who's waiting for spring? This collection can inspire you now!


The key pieces for a Marc Jacobs inspired transitional winter wardrobe


Head wraps 
Worn big in bold colours and bright prints (wrap headscarves and shawls around your head and play around with it).

Bright coloured, oversized knitwear 
Worn over fitted shirts

Voluminous Anoraks 
Pulled in at the waist with a bumbag

Voluminous trousers 
In bright colours and big prints, roll them in at the bottom to create a carrot effect think more hareem than a baggy All Saints 90s girl band vibe!

Daisy prints 
Look for vintage or retro inspired items. Good luck, I haven't seen any yet! The high street will be full of them by Spring!

The Accessories 
Urban Sports influenced bumbags, Duffel bags and cross body bags covered with keyring charms, worn all at once, Mesh ruffled collars and boas worn as scarves and as bag accessories, big earrings, beaded bags and details and that amazing head wrap. 











Photographs courtesy vogue.com

If you are having a fashion event or a have a new collection you would like No Debutante to promote please get in touch!

Check out my work with Bristol 24/7 magazine here under my name Emma Gorton-Ellicott

If you are interested in collaborating with No Debutante or getting featured on the No Debutante blog please contact me

Keep up with No Debutantes OOTD posts, collabs and current fashion obsessions posted daily on all of the following. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr,  Pinterest all under the #nodebutante name.

Thanks for checking in Fashionistas.   
ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...